The Henry F. Davis Scholarship
Henry Davis was a pioneer in New England's field of arboriculture for more than 50 years. This annual scholarship was created in 2022 to honor his life and his work, and further the knowledge and love or arboricutlure among our youth.
* A candidate for graduation from a Massachusetts high school or college
* Candidate must currently have at least a 80 weighted average
* Candidate must be planning to attend a post-secondary institution to study and environmental/biological science curriculum OR
* Currently enrolled students studying horticulture, arboriculture, envrionmental science, landscape architecture, etc.
* The candidate will submit an essay describing the impact they hope to make by studying horticulture, the reason they should be considered for this award, and their thoughts on how we can inspire a new generation of planet conscious individuals.
--This award is made possible by Henry Davis, a true teacher and professional who wanted to shed light on the magnificence of trees, and inspire people through his love of horticulture. It si helpful students to think of this as they consider their potential to make a difference when writing the essay.
* Strong academic achievement or a demonstration of perseverance.
* Involvement in school and community activities strongly encouraged.
* Fill out the contact information below to give us a heads up on your intent to apply.
* Application must be received in the Harrison McPhee, Inc. office by June 1, 2022.
* By applying, candidate agrees to participate in a informational interview (phone/online)
* Scholarship awards will be made directly to institution of study for the upcoming semester.